- Green: 0-126 cfu/100mL
- considered safe for recreational use by the state of Georgia
- Yellow: +126-235 cfu/100mL
- moderate risk of illness
- Red: +235 cfu/100mL
- high risk of illness
CRBI conducted bacterial water monitoring at four sites that included Euharlee Road boat ramp, Neel’s Landing off of US 411, Grizzard Park (soccer fields), and Heritage Park on July 17, 2019. The results of those monitoring efforts showed that 67.6 cfu/100mL of E.coli were present at Euharlee Road, 16.9 cfu/100mL were present at Neel’s Landing (411), 15.5 cfu/100mL were present at Grizzard Park, and that 35 cfu/100mL of E.coli were present at Heritage Park. This means that the amount of E.coli found at each site is considered safe for recreational use by the state of Georgia.
These numbers are for educational use only and do not guarantee safe conditions in the water. All river users should use common sense precautions in freshwater, especially if you have a compromised immune system (i.e do not fully submerge open wounds, clean any wounds thoroughly when you get home if you do get wet, etc.)
Keep an eye out for the thermometer graphic and weekly updates in the Saturday edition of the Rome News Tribune. CRBI will update this post each Friday to reflect the most recent monitoring results, as well as post updated numbers to our Facebook page on Fridays.
If you are interested in learning more or if you would like to nominate a site for future testing, contact our Outreach Coordinator, Ashley Ray, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-232-2724.
List of Results (in CFUs/100ml):
- July 17, 2019 – Euharlee (67.6), Neel’s (16.9), Grizzard (15.5), Heritage (35)
- July 11, 2019 – Euharlee (45.7), Neel’s (16.9), Grizzard (43.5), Heritage (58.1)
- July 4, 2019 – Euharlee (42.8), Neel’s (14.5), Grizzard (27.5), Heritage (36.4)
- June 27, 2019 – Euharlee (44.6), Neel’s (35.5), Grizzard (52.8), Heritage (42.6)
- June 20, 2019 – Euharlee (31.8), Neel’s (25.6), Grizzard (69.7), Heritage (193.5*)
- June 13, 2019 – Euharlee (23.1), Neel’s (26.2), Grizzard (54.6), Heritage (91.2)
- June 5, 2019 – Grizzard (51.2), Heritage (157.6*)
- May 30, 2019 – Grizzard (23.8), Heritage (86.0)
*moderate risk of illness **high risk of illness